Preparing Your Home For Water Damage
Water damage is chaotic. Whether it takes place in your Avondale, Goodyear, or Southwest Phoenix home or business, it can leave a trail of disaster. From the moment you discover the soaked floors, damaged walls, furniture and personal property, you can have sheer panic to stress when having to think about cleanup and repairs, and the dreaded expenses that come along with it. Don’t get caught off guard in a moment like this. Be sure to prepare well in advance as you never know when a water damage situation can arise. Here are some helpful tips to help homeowners and business owner's prepare for the inevitable water damage that may occur and catch you off guard.
- Know and understand your renter’s or homeowner’s insurance coverage to find out what exactly is covered.
- Keep track of your belongings, especially your most prized possessions. You can keep digital copies of receipts for valuables and store them online. You can also snap photos so you have a photo collection of your possessions.
- Inspect pipes frequently to ensure that there are no water leaks or damp/wet spots.
- You also want to thoroughly look over your monthly water bill for increases in cost and usage. Chances are that if you do see an increase in your bill and you haven't made any changes in your usage, you could have a water leak occurring somewhere in your home.
- Perform an outside inspection of your structure to make sure there are no cracks in the foundation. You also want to inspect the roof and make any necessary repairs if needed. Make sure the drains and gutters are clear of debris to prevent water from collecting on your roof.
We can’t predict when water damage can occur. Whether it’d be water damage from a plumbing issue, a faulty appliance or a storm, you can rely on SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix to answer your call in your time of need! We are available 24/7 to respond to your emergency to begin the restoration process during this stressful time. We will go above and beyond to make sure your home or business is back up and running “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call at (623) 537-9999.