Count On SERVPRO To Help With Storm Damage
You can trust SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix to take care of your home or business in the event of flooding from a storm.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is always here to help when it comes to dealing with storm damage. Although the monsoon season has ended here in the Valley, it’s not uncommon for us to experience rainstorms that can dump tons of water causing flooding in residential and commercial properties. Our SERVPRO technicians are experienced in dealing with flooding situations that cause water damage to your Avondale or Goodyear property. You can trust our technicians to properly dry out the moisture with our SERVPRO extraction and drying equipment. Our SERVPRO technicians also use special moisture reading tools to detect where the moisture has traveled to so they can ensure they dry out the moisture properly to prevent mold growth from occurring. Our technicians will monitor your home until the property is fully dried and restored to its previous condition.
SERVPRO is always here to help. We are available 24/7 to personally answer your call. Give us a call to find out more!
Broken Pipe? Here’s What To Do
Broken pipes can wreak havoc on your property. Call today so we can dry your home or business.
Whether you are a homeowner or business owner, a broken pipe can mean the worst, especially with the damage it can wreak on your property. From the water-soaked floors, walls, ceiling, not to mention the damage to your personal property such as furniture and personal keepsakes can be very upsetting. Let’s not forget the loss of production time if a broken water pipe happens in a business or commercial property setting.
Here are some important things to do when you discover a broken pipe in your home or business to lessen the water damage that could occur in your Avondale home.
- Shut off the water valves right away to stop the water from flowing everywhere. It’s important for you to know where the shut off valves are located whether you’re in a home or business.
- Practice safety when it comes to water flooding your property. Proceed with caution when electricity is involved and be sure to shut off electricity to the entire property. You can then start moving your furniture and getting your personal items out of standing water.
- As much as you want to save money and try fixing the plumbing issue yourself, call a plumbing professional to fix the broken pipe. Once it is fixed, the drying and restoration of your home or business can begin. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix can restore your home back to its previous condition “Like it never even happened.”
When you’re dealing with a broken pipe, give SERVPRO a call right away. Quickly addressing the moisture issue from the water damage can inhibit the possibility of mold growth from occurring. Give SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix a call to learn more.
Fire Prevention Week October 2019
Check out www.nfpa.org for more information on fire safety.
For nearly 100 years, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has supported the public observance of Fire Prevention Week which, this year, happens October 6-12. The purpose of National Fire Week is to educate the public on how they can protect themselves, as well as their loved ones, in the event of a fire. This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign message is “Not Every Hero Wears a Cape. Plan and Practice Your Escape!”
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), you can have as little as one to two minutes for you and your family to safely escape your home in the event of a fire.
The NFPA has put together these simple steps to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Plan an escape route for all members of your household. You can try mapping it out and include all the entrance/exits as well as windows.
- Test your smoke alarms to ensure they are running properly.
- Decide on a safe location to meet outside.
- Make sure you post the escape plan up for everyone in the household to see.
- Do several test runs of your home fire drill.
For more information, visit www.nfpa.org.
Prevent Water Damage From Your Dishwasher
Dealing with water damage in your kitchen from a dishwasher leak? Give us a call today!
Whether it’s a residential or commercial property, you can expect to see a dishwasher once you step foot into a kitchen. With our hectic schedules, dishwashers can make daily kitchen duties so much easier. But with this kitchen appliance, water damage can occur due to a variety of reasons. Here are some ways to prevent this from happening in your Avondale home or business.
- To ensure that all of your dishes are washed properly, make sure that you don’t overload your dishwasher. Frequently overloading the dishwasher can cause it to leak.
- Routinely check the dishwasher door to make sure that the rubber seal is in good condition. This will prevent water from leaking out from the door when the dishwasher is in use. If there’s a crack or any noticeable damage to the hose, make sure to replace it to prevent water from escaping.
- Inspect the tub for any signs of damage as this can occur from regular usage. Once you discover damage to the tub, discontinue use and replace the unit.
- Make sure you are using the correct detergent specifically designed for dishwashers to prevent residue build-up or a blockage.
If you find yourself dealing with water damage from your dishwasher, give our office a call. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is trained to handle the water damage cleanup and restoration caused by a dishwasher leak. We use moisture readings to track where the moisture is and use air movers and dehumidifiers to properly dry out your property to make it "Like it never even happened."
Water Damage From Washing Machine In Your Home?
Water damage from your washing machine? Let our SERVPRO techs handle the water damage cleanup!
Imagine that you’ve just come home from a long day at work. You walk through the front door, kick off your shoes and walk towards your room to change into some comfortable pj's so you can relax and unwind from the day. As you walk past the laundry room, you notice that your feet are completely soaked from a pool of water on the floor. Upon closer inspection, you notice that it’s coming from the laundry room. Water is leaking from your washing machine. What exactly do you do in a moment like this? SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix put together some tips to help you avoid what could be a costly repair.
Supply Hose Leak
More than 50% of washing machine damages are caused by supply hose failure. This can be because of wear and tear throughout the years or a poor connection between the wall and the machine.
A clogged drain can cause water to back up which will lead to water flooding onto your floors. A variety of factors can cause this such as a clog in the drain, material blocking the water pump filter or impellers, or a water pump failure among other things.
Regularly overloading the washing machine can cause valves to loosen. Other internal leaks can also occur from old washing machines or one that is not installed properly.
Once you have identified and repaired the water leak with your washing machine, go ahead and give SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix a call. We can properly dry out the moisture caused from the water damage in order to prevent mold growth from occurring.
Practice Safety To Avoid A Kitchen Fire
Never leave a kitchen stove unattended while it's in use.
According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), unattended cooking is the leading cause of fires in the kitchen. It’s important to be completely alert and take all the necessary precautions when it comes to preparing a homecooked meal in your kitchen. Here are some safety tips to avoid a potential fire from occurring in your kitchen.
- Make sure your fully alert when cooking. Avoid operating the stove if you’re sleepy or have consumed alcohol.
- Keep anything that can easily catch on fire away from the stove such as oven mitts, towels, kitchen rags, paper, etc.
- Do not leave the kitchen while the stove is in use, especially if you’re boiling, frying and grilling on the stovetop. If you are baking or roasting, use a kitchen timer to remind you to check on your food.
- If a grease fire starts, simply place a lid over the pan, remove from heat, and turn off the stove. You can also use baking powder to extinguish any small and manageable flames. Use a fire extinguisher as a last resort. Never try to extinguish flames with water.
- If the flames become unmanageable, have you and your family get out of the house immediately and call 911. Close the door to your home to keep flames from escaping.
We hope that by following the above safety tips, you can avoid a kitchen fire from occurring in your home. But in the event of fire or smoke damage, you can call SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest to tackle the cleanup and restoration. Our SERVPRO techs are trained and experienced in fire and smoke damage cleanup.
Candle Safety Tips 101
Treat candles with care as it is an open flame that can spread flames in your home if not handled properly.
After an almost non-existent monsoon season, it looks like the cloudy skies and rainstorms have finally decided to arrive in Avondale and the greater Phoenix area. The cooler double digit temperatures, (still in the 90’s but we’ll take it), and the overcast skies have marked an excellent beginning to the official start of the fall season and we all know what that means! Sweater weather, Halloween decorations, pumpkin everything, and let’s not forget the candles which can add that fall ambiance we so desperately wanted during 110+ degree temps in the summer. While they may be calming and aromatic, they can pose a serious fire hazard if the proper precautions are not taken. Here are several candle safety tips to take to avoid a potential house fire from occurring.
- Keep your hair and loose clothing away as you’re lighting the candle.
- Never leave candles unattended. Always blow them out before leaving a room or going to bed.
- Keep candles away from anything that can easily catch on fire.
- Make sure the candle is on a stable surface so that it won’t tip over or be knocked off.
- Use flashlights or battery-operated candle lights in the event of a power outage.
Although candles are a nice touch to the start of a cozy season, it’s extremely important to practice fire safety to prevent an open flame from spreading in your home. According to the National Fire Protection Association, “more than one-third of home candle fires start in the bedroom”. Simply following the above safety tips can ensure that you and your loved ones are safe while still enjoying the lovely fall atmosphere here in the Valley.
Water Loss In A Commercial High-Rise Building
SERVPRO drying equipment is in place and ready to go.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix responded to a commercial business in a high-rise building in the Phoenix area that was dealing with significant water loss. Our office was alerted when a security guard at the office building had noticed a pool of water located near the ground floor entrance. Upon entering the premises, she had noticed water pooling over the entire floor, water dripping from the ceiling, and damaged ceiling tiles on the floor. This was all on the first floor only and upon venturing up, the security guard had discovered the water loss had occurred on the fifth floor which was all due to a failed plumbing fixture.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix arrived immediately once the plumbing issue was resolved. Each floor was dealing with water soaked floors and water damaged ceilings. Luckily, the office building was vacant so no further damage was done to office equipment. Usually, when a water loss occurs in a work environment, it can cause a loss in production time due to the cleanup and reconstruction that must take place. Our SERVPRO technicians work their hardest to be fast and efficient so that we can get your home or business back up and running “Like it never even happened.”
Prevent Storm Damage In Your Avondale Home
Prevent storm damage from affecting your Avondale home.
Monsoon season here in Avondale, Goodyear and for most of the Valley, has had a pretty slow kickoff than what we are normally used to seeing. This monsoon season, the valley has seen rainfall amounts of .27” which is 83% below normal than the 1.55” of what we’ve typically averaged. We have a good month left in the monsoon season and we have our fingers crossed that we’ll be receiving some much needed moisture in our desert Regardless of a slow monsoon season or not, it’s important for homeowners to understand storm damage and how to reduce the chances of it affecting your property. Here’s how to do so.
- Prepare for the storm season or incoming storms by inspecting your property and making the necessary repairs before a storm arrives.
- Prepare for an incoming storm by placing sandbags around your home to divert water and mud away from your property, especially if it’s in a low elevation area. Make sure to trim any tree branches that have the potential of landing on your home.
- Inspect your property after a storm.
- If you discover damages, make sure to repair them right away.
In addition, some extra safety measures to take into consideration are:
- Report storm damage to public streets and roads such as flooded areas, downed trees, and power lines.
- Pay attention to the news and weather stations so you are up to date on incoming storms.
- Make sure you know where to acquire materials such as sandbags.
- Prepare an emergency kit which should include a first aid kit, food and water that’s lasts up to 5 days, blankets, batteries and flashlights.
SERVPRO Summer Lake Party
A weekend at the lake with our SERVPRO employees.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix and SERVPRO of Scottsdale employees show up to work each and every morning with a positive "can do" attitude, ready to tackle the jobs needed to get our customers back into their homes and businesses. Our employees work extremely hard, especially with being a 24/7 company, we are always ready to handle the cleanup and restoration of your property.
On July 13th, 2019, we celebrated our hardworking employees with our annual SERVPRO Summer Party at Canyon Lake Marina and Campground. Our SERVPRO employees enjoyed a weekend filled with fun, outdoor activities such as: cookouts, games, swimming, jet skis, camping and so much more.
We would like to say Thank You to our SERVPRO technicians and office staff for working hard each and every day and providing the best service to our customers.