Experiencing Flooding From A Storm? Here's What You Should Do
We are ready to respond to your flooding emergency.
Rainstorms here in the Valley can dump significant amounts of rain, especially during monsoon season. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix responded to many homes and businesses affected by water damage due to these storms. Many residents and businesses were unprepared and had no idea what to do when they found that their building structures had flooding from the storms.
We are still a few months out until the 2019 monsoon season makes its grand entry but until then, here are some helpful tips to prepare you to know what to do in case your home or business is experiencing flooding.
- Remove excess water by mopping up or blotting with towels.
- Remove wet cushions from couches and chairs and prop them up. Follow the same steps for upholstery.
- Place furniture up on wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpets. Another alternative is to place aluminum foil between the furniture and wet carpet.
- Remove rugs from wet carpeting and pick up any of your belongings that are on the floor.
Once the above steps have been completed, go ahead and give us a call at (623) 537-9999. We’ll arrive so that we can begin the drying process.
Have an Emergency? Call SERVPRO
We are always here to help.
Did you know that SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Well now you know. It doesn’t matter what time of day, you can give us a call at 1 AM on a Sunday, and you can guarantee that you’ll be speaking with one of our trained office professionals to assist you in your time of need. Here at SERVPRO, we understand that emergencies can happen at a moment’s notice which is why we make our services available around the clock.
Emergencies can range from a water leak from a damaged pipe or a toilet overflow causing a flood in your home. When this occurs, give us a call and we’ll dispatch a crew as soon as possible.
When your home or business is faced with an emergency pertaining to water or fire damage, SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is here to help you to begin the drying and restoration process.
Water Loss At A Medical Facility
Soaked floors from a water loss caused by a faulty water filter canister.
Our SERVPRO techs responded to a call regarding a medical facility that was dealing with a commercial water loss. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix arrived to find the facility’s floors soaked with water throughout the building. The cause of this commercial water loss was a water filter canister, located in the building’s utility closet, that had failed which ultimately led to water being released and causing water damage not only to the floors, but to the walls as well.
Our SERVPRO techs began the process with an inspection and water damage assessment. This is done to examine the extent of the damage and to identify where the moisture has traveled. Our techs do this so that they can properly restore the facility. Our tech’s than began the water removal/water extraction process by mopping up all the excess water which had collected on the floors throughout the facility. They also used a vacuum to suck up the water as well. Air movers and dehumidifiers were brought in to dry out the moisture. Water soaked carpet and dry wall was removed and is currently in the process of being replaced and new carpet is being installed.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix acted fast and arrived quickly to begin the restoration process. We are available 24/7 so if your commercial building is faced with water damage at 3 in the morning, you can give us a call so that we can begin the drying and cleanup process. Give us a call at (623) 537-9999.
Storm Damage During Monsoon Season
Removing water damaged wood flooring requires protecting non-affected areas from incidental damage during removal and restoration process.
Monsoon season in Avondale, Goodyear, and Southwest Phoenix typically begins around June and ends around September. Monsoon 2018 was pretty active and storms rolled through the Valley lasting until October which led to record rainfalls across the Valley. Unfortunately, monsoon storms can lead to pretty severe water and storm damage. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix received many calls from homeowners who were dealing with storm damage such as: flooded homes, leaky roofs, and downed trees causing broken windows. In the peak of monsoon season, we received a call from a homeowner in which their property, which is located in a lower elevation area, had experienced severe flooding in and around their home due to water flowing down from a nearby mountain. The floodwaters had entered the home which led caused damage to the resident’s wood floors, walls, furniture, and personal belongings.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix arrived on scene to begin the cleanup and restoration process for getting their home back in order.
If you’re dealing with storm damage or water damage, you can count on SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix to help you in your time of need. We are available 24/7 to answer your call and will help get your home back up and running “Like it never even happened.”
Be Prepared with SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Profile
Does your business have an Emergency Ready Profile?
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix wants to take great care of you and we can assure you that we have your business’s best interest at heart. Here at SERVPRO, one way that we can help your business prepare for when the inevitable occurs such as an water, fire, smoke, storm or mold damage is with our Emergency Ready Profile.
An Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) is designed to give your business a plan of action for when an emergency occurs in order to minimize interruption to your business as much as possible. By having an ERP in place, you will have a level of security that many businesses don’t have. The information in an ERP contains emergency phone numbers, the locations of water, electrical, and gas shut off valves as well as other emergency switches, security codes, etc.
Preparing your business for an unexpected disaster begins with a simple phone call to our office at (623) 537-9999. We will send one of our qualified SERVPRO team members to assess your facility and to conduct an ERP for FREE. You will have access to your facility’s ERP through a hard copy, digital copies and through our Ready Plan app. With an ERP in place, we can take immediate action by responding to your emergency to begin the restoration process.
Don't wait until the last minute. Act now to minimize your business's downtime during an emergency.
Season's Greetings & Happy Holidays!
We wish you a Merry Christmas!
Can you believe it? The year is quickly coming to an end here at SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix. Christmas is already just a few short days away and we hope all your holiday shopping is complete. From all of us here at SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix, we would like to wish all of our customers whom we’ve had the pleasure of helping in your time of need, a wonderful and joyous Christmas surrounded by friends and family. We owe all our success to you, our customers, as our goal is to get your life back to normal and to get your home back up and running.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is locally owned and operated. We sincerely hope you won’t need our services, but because emergencies are completely unexpected, we are available 24/7 to help you in your time of need. If you’re faced with an unexpected water leak at 2 am on Christmas Day, go ahead and give us a call. You can guarantee that you’ll be speaking with one of our highly trained professionals. We’ll be there to help make this stressful situation “Like it never even happened.”
Once again, we wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas!
Holiday Safety Tips for Avondale, Goodyear and Southwest Phoenix Residents
When it comes to Christmas decorations, follow these tips to keep your family safe.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, isn’t it? Cooler temps mean the holiday season is in full swing! Temperatures here in Avondale, Goodyear and Southwest Phoenix have finally cooled down to where we actually get to make use of our car heater in the mornings! But we’re not complaining, these cooler temperatures are always a nice welcome after the 115 degree summer temperatures we face.
With Christmas just around the corner, SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix wants you to be safe. We’ve put together a list of Holiday Safety Tips as it’s important to be reminded of general safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe when it comes to decorations this season.
- Inspect electrical decorations such as Christmas lights, lighted garland and Christmas displays. Make sure the sockets aren’t cracked or damaged. Also check for exposed wires and loose connections as you want to prevent shocks and a fire from occurring.
- Protect electrical cords from damage such as being squashed by furniture or against walls. Do not have them running underneath rugs or hang them using staples.
- Don’t overload the electrical sockets. This is a common cause for holiday fires. Plug only one high-wattage appliance into each outlet at a time.
- Avoid connecting more than three string lights as this can blow a fuse.
- Do not connect extension cords together. Take time to find the correct length to avoid them getting tangled or stretched.
- Keep decorations such as garland, tinsel, crepe paper and anything other decorations that are flammable away from heat sources such as a fireplace, candles, and space heaters. Be sure to keep them at least 3 feet away.
- If you have a fresh Christmas tree, don’t forget to water it daily. A dry tree can quickly erupt in flames.
- Keep an eye on candles that are lit. Never leave lit candles unattended. Instead, try opting for battery opted candles.
- When hanging lights outside, do not use nails or staples as they can cause damage to the wires. Use hooks or hangers which are recommended for outdoor usage.
- Always remember to unplug the lights when you are away from home or asleep.
For more information on fire damage and restoration services, contact SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix at (623) 537-9999 or check us out at www.SERVPROavondalegoodyearsouthwestphoenix.com. We are available 24/7 and are always here to help.
Commercial Water Loss In Southwest Phoenix
Our SERVPRO techs are trained and highly qualified to get your business back up and running.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix has successfully answered the call and responded to many commercial jobs pertaining to water loss, mold removal, fire and smoke damage, biohazard cleanups, carpet cleanings, and general commercial cleanings. We recently responded to a commercial office space that had experienced extensive water damage due to a damaged fire sprinkler which caused water to spray everywhere. This led to water damage to the ceiling, walls, floors, and office furniture. Because of the water damage, the loss of work production in the office setting was clearly evident with empty offices and desks. Here at SERVPRO, we understand that a water loss can lead to a disruption in the daily work environment which is why our crews responded immediately to begin the drying process. SERVPRO is here to help get everything back to normal “Like it never even happened.”
Storm Safety Tips
Flooded roadways like this were seen during recent storms here in Avondale, Goodyear and Southwest Phoenix.
The monsoon season has officially wrapped up here in Avondale, Goodyear and Southwest Phoenix. We saw quite the storm activity in the Greater Phoenix area which led to dust storms and record rainfalls causing flooded roadways, knocked down trees and power-lines. Because of this, many homes and businesses experienced massive amounts of water and mold damage due to these heavy storms. Here at SERVPRO, we decided to put together some information regarding storms here in the Valley and how you and your family can be safe during one.
- Make sure to clean out your roof drains so that rain can properly drain to prevent water from collecting on your roof.
- Take time to trim trees around your home to prevent them from breaking and possibly falling on your home or vehicle.
- Secure outdoor furniture to prevent them from blowing away during heavy winds. Make sure children’s playground equipment is secured to the ground and any smaller outdoor furniture items are stored indoors or in your garage.
- It’s always helpful to have weather alerts enabled on your mobile or desktop devices so you’re notified of an approaching storm and can prepare in advance.
- If your home or your businesses is in a low elevated area, consider stocking up on sandbags to prevent flooding from entering your building structure.
- Avoid travelling during a storm at all costs, especially here in Phoenix as roadways can flood quickly. If you see a flooded road, do not try and drive through. It’s best to turn around and find an alternate route or pull over and wait for the storm to pass before getting back on the road.
Monsoon season has officially passed but that doesn’t mean we won’t see a few scattered storms here and there. It’s best to apply these storm safety practices to ensure you and your loved ones are safe. If you are experiencing water damage or mold damage caused by storms, you can call SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix at (623) 537-9999. We’re always here to help.
Be Safe This Halloween!
Have a fun and safe Halloween!
Halloween is just around the corner and will be here before you know it. Of course, it can be fun and games, trick or treating, decorations, parties, costumes, and jack-o-lanterns, but it’s always important to adhere to proper precautions to ensure your Halloween is celebrated safely. Here are some helpful tips to keep you and your family safe while you're out and about and to also keep you safe from potential fire damage.
- Yes, candles can be fun and can add a “spooky” ambiance. If you’re going to use candles, make sure you are nearby. NEVER leave lighted candles unattended, especially those that are in jack o’ lanterns that are left outside. You never know when heavy wind gusts or perhaps, someone could accidentally knock a pumpkin over leading to flames spreading. Instead, opt for battery operated candles which are much safer.
- Avoid using flammable decorations such as crepe paper for instance. You can use these but keep them away from heat sources such as lightbulbs, stringed lights and heaters. The same applies for decorations such as corn stalk material.
- Choose the right costumes that are made of flame-resistant materials. You also want to make sure they are the right size to prevent tripping or falling.
- Make sure to place reflective tape or stickers on costumes so that you are seen while out navigating streets at night. Provide your children with flashlights or glow sticks to carry while they are out trick or treating so that they are visible to drivers on the road.
- Travel in groups and always be on alert. Always use the crosswalk and obey traffic signals. Be extremely cautious when crossing driveways.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix provides these safety tips so that you can have a fun and safe Halloween!