Prevent Storm Damage In Your Avondale Home
Prevent storm damage from affecting your Avondale home.
Monsoon season here in Avondale, Goodyear and for most of the Valley, has had a pretty slow kickoff than what we are normally used to seeing. This monsoon season, the valley has seen rainfall amounts of .27” which is 83% below normal than the 1.55” of what we’ve typically averaged. We have a good month left in the monsoon season and we have our fingers crossed that we’ll be receiving some much needed moisture in our desert Regardless of a slow monsoon season or not, it’s important for homeowners to understand storm damage and how to reduce the chances of it affecting your property. Here’s how to do so.
- Prepare for the storm season or incoming storms by inspecting your property and making the necessary repairs before a storm arrives.
- Prepare for an incoming storm by placing sandbags around your home to divert water and mud away from your property, especially if it’s in a low elevation area. Make sure to trim any tree branches that have the potential of landing on your home.
- Inspect your property after a storm.
- If you discover damages, make sure to repair them right away.
In addition, some extra safety measures to take into consideration are:
- Report storm damage to public streets and roads such as flooded areas, downed trees, and power lines.
- Pay attention to the news and weather stations so you are up to date on incoming storms.
- Make sure you know where to acquire materials such as sandbags.
- Prepare an emergency kit which should include a first aid kit, food and water that’s lasts up to 5 days, blankets, batteries and flashlights.
SERVPRO Summer Lake Party
A weekend at the lake with our SERVPRO employees.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix and SERVPRO of Scottsdale employees show up to work each and every morning with a positive "can do" attitude, ready to tackle the jobs needed to get our customers back into their homes and businesses. Our employees work extremely hard, especially with being a 24/7 company, we are always ready to handle the cleanup and restoration of your property.
On July 13th, 2019, we celebrated our hardworking employees with our annual SERVPRO Summer Party at Canyon Lake Marina and Campground. Our SERVPRO employees enjoyed a weekend filled with fun, outdoor activities such as: cookouts, games, swimming, jet skis, camping and so much more.
We would like to say Thank You to our SERVPRO technicians and office staff for working hard each and every day and providing the best service to our customers.
SERVPRO Handles Water Damage Emergencies At Your Avondale Business
Water damage emergency? You can count on SERVPRO to be there.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix responded to a commercial business that was dealing with water damage from a sprinkler system that had malfunctioned. As a result, this high-end retail chain had lost money due to damaged merchandise sustained from the overhead sprinkler system. When the sprinkler system issue had been resolved, our SERVPRO technicians arrived to begin the cleanup process. What was done immediately upon walking into the business was gathering up all the merchandise that had been damaged. Our technicians then brought in mops and high-powered vacuums to suck up all the excess water that had collected on the floors throughout the store. Air movers and dehumidifiers were brought in to dry up the moisture to prevent future mold growth from occurring. Our technicians worked hard to make sure that the water damaged areas were completely dry so that the necessary reconstruction could take place and the business could resume its daily operations. SERVPRO is available 24/7 to handle your water damage emergencies to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Water Damage From Dishwasher In Your Avondale Home
Did your dishwasher cause water damage in your kitchen? Give SERVPRO a call!
The dishwasher is a modern amenity that’s included in almost every household kitchen nowadays. It takes out the stress and hassle of playing paper, rock, scissors to decide who’s turn it is to do the dishes. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix has seen its fair share of homes dealing with water damage from this kitchen appliance. It can take homeowners on quite the whirlwind of emotions once they discover a pool of water collecting on the kitchen floor. Here are some tips for preventing water damage from your dishwasher in your Avondale and Goodyear home.
The door itself may have loose hinges which could cause water to leak out. You may need to tighten the latch and hinges yourself with a screwdriver. If you’re having any issues, you can always call a professional plumber.
The rubber seal around the dishwasher door may have some wear and tear which will cause water to escape. To prevent this, make sure to routinely inspect the rubber seal and replace if needed.
All dishwashers are equipped with two hoses that can be accessed by removing the bottom front access panel. Inspect the hoses for wear and tear. If you notice any moisture collecting in this area, you may need to replace the hoses.
These are the most common causes that homeowners face when they’re dealing with water damage in their kitchen caused by their dishwasher. If you find that a water leak has taken place in your kitchen, here are some steps to take:
- Shut off the main water supply.
- Shut off the electricity if need be, especially if water is pooling near outlets or electronic devices.
- Call a plumber to resolve the dishwasher plumbing situation.
- Once the plumbing issue is resolved, call SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix to notify them of your water damage. We will send our technicians out as quickly as we can.
- While you’re waiting for SERVPRO to arrive, use towels to soak up as much standing water as you can. The longer you let the water sit, the more damage it can cause.
- Once SERVPRO arrives, we’ll walk you through the process and begin drying out the area with our fans and dehumidifiers.
Please give our office a call to find out more information at 623-537-9999. SERVPRO is always here to help 24/7.
Fire Sprinkler Line Causes Damage to Avondale Business
Don't delay when it comes to water damage. Call SERVPRO right away to take care of the damage.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix received a call regarding a water loss situation in Avondale. What had occurred at this commercial business was a fire sprinkler line that had burst above their computer room. As a result, this busted water line caused water damage to the computer room, production areas and numerous office spaces. The commercial building itself is a 20,000 square foot building. About 75% of this commercial space was affected by the busted fire sprinkler line. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix technicians arrived to this emergency with their equipment in tow, ready to tackle the water damage. SERVPRO technicians brought in air movers to begin drying the offices. The day to day business operations were able to continue on so that there was no loss in business.
When your commercial business is dealing with water, fire or mold damage, give us a call right away. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is available 24/7 to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Mold Growth From Storms In Your Goodyear Home
Think you have mold? Give SERVPRO a call today.
Avondale, Goodyear, and the rest of the Phoenix valley has received significant rainfall amounts beginning in October of last year making for an extremely wet winter, one that Phoenix residents aren’t particularly used to seeing. According to the National Weather Service, “At more than a third of the way through our water year (Oct.1-Sep.30) Phoenix has received 8.42" of rain. This makes 2019 the 4th wettest water year to date in the period of record!” (National Weather Service).
Although this added moisture can be great for our region, it can cause problems for some homeowners, particularly with mold growth. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix has received many calls from desperate homeowners looking for solutions once they discovered mold growth on their property.
If you have discovered mold growth in your home, give our office a call for an inspection and Mold Damage Assessment at 623-537-9999. SERVPRO is always here to help 24/7.
Memorial Day Weekend Grilling Safety Tips
Practice these grilling safety tips this Memorial Day Weekend!
Memorial Day weekend is finally here! For many of us, that means heading outside and firing up the grills for an outdoor celebration which typically signals the start of the summer season. Here at SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix, we wanted to put together some grilling safety tips to make sure everything runs smooth during your Memorial Day weekend with zero fires and injuries.
- Avoid wearing any loose clothing while grilling
- If you’re using a propane grill, be sure to check the propane tank for leaks
- Grill outside away from your home or any other building structures
- Do not grill around any weeds, trees or dry brush
- Grill on a flat and stable surface to avoid the grill from tipping over
- Take extra precaution when using charcoal lighter fluid. Do not spray it elsewhere, only in the grill.
- Keep the grill clean to avoid grease buildup
- Do not leave your grill unattended
- Have baking soda readily available to put out any grease fires that may start and also a fire extinguisher. Do not use water to put out flames.
We hope you and yours has a safe and wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
May 2019 SERVPRO Lunch & Networking
Our Lunch & Networking event at Top Golf was a success! Thank you to all who attended.
A lot of meaningful connections can be made when it comes to networking. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix takes tremendous pride when it comes to business community involvement. We love to make connections each and every day. From attending weekly networking groups, Chamber events, Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings, we see the importance of making meaningful networking connections to let people know about who you are and how you can help them. Sometimes it’s not about what you know but rather WHO you know.
Each year, SERVPRO of Scottsdale and SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix, holds our annual Lunch & Networking event at Top Golf in Scottsdale to allow individuals from different business backgrounds to meet one another and to see how they can help one another in a fun, casual environment. This event was well attended and included business professionals from insurance, real estate, home inspection, construction, landscaping, AC repair, and network security. It was a nice day for folks to step away from their desk, meet new people, enjoy free food and beverages, and hit a few golf balls.
This SERVPRO networking event was an excellent success and we thank all those who attended! We hope to see you next year!
Trust SERVPRO To Handle The Fire Damage Cleanup
You can trust SERVPRO to handle the cleanup for your smoke and fire damage.
Fires can be unpredictable and can unleash a significant amount of damage to homes or businesses. Big or small, no matter what the size of the fire is, the destruction that it can cause can be chaotic, disheartening and can cause a huge inconvenience by forcing you to move out of your home or business temporarily. It will have you questioning what to do next once the smoke clears and the fire department leaves. That’s when you can call on SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix to provide fire and smoke damage cleanup and restoration. Our SERVPRO technicians are have all the necessary equipment, experience, and are highly trained in all the latest techniques to restore your property back to its previous condition so that you can get back under your own roof.
If you are experiencing fire damage, give our office a call at 623-537-9999. We are available 24/7 to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Outdoor Thunder & Lightning Safety Tips
Stay safe during thunder and lightning storms this monsoon season!
Monsoon season is just around the corner here in Avondale, Goodyear, and the rest of the Phoenix area. Monsoon storms will be here before you know it. With the constant rainstorms throughout the summer brings blowing dust, roaring thunderstorms, and a sky lit up with lightning bolts. Although a lightning storm can be exciting to watch unfold in the skies above, it’s always important to consider your safety when doing so. SERVPRO put together some helpful tips to keep you and your loved ones safe while observing nature’s wonders.
Outdoor Safety Precautions
- Avoid outdoor activity during a thunderstorm. If you find yourself outdoors and you hear thunder, immediately get indoors or seek shelter elsewhere in an enclosed space.
- Always use the 30/30 Rule. After you see lightning, count to 30. If you hear thunder roar before you get to 30, get indoors immediately. Wait 30 minutes until after the last sound of thunder before you can continue outdoor activities.
- Stay away from concrete floors and walls as electrical currents can travel through metal wires that are in the floors or walls.
Indoor Safety Precautions
- Avoid using water during a thunderstorm since electrical currents can travel through plumbing.
- Avoid using electronics.
- Avoid using corded phones. Cell phones and wireless phones are okay.
These are the main outdoor safety precautions you want to follow when it comes to outdoor storm safety during the monsoon season.