SERVPRO Moisture Readers
If you're dealing with water damage in your home, give us a call at 623-537-9999.
Keep an eye out on our SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix’s Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages for this week’s SERVPRO Tip Tuesday. Be sure to Like and Follow our social media pages to stay up to date on helpful tips!
This week’s SERVPRO Tip Tuesday centers around our moisture readers. These helpful tools are used on every water job to find where the water and moisture has traveled. For instance, a water leak from a dishwasher can be mopped up, but what about the moisture behind the unit itself? The water can travel and cause extensive damage to the floors and walls which can eventually lead to mold growth. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix uses moisture readers to locate where the wet areas are so that secondary water damage does not occur.
You can count on us to take care of your property and to get it back up and running “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call at 623-537-9999 to find out more!
Commercial Restoration During Monsoon Season
Let us handle the restoration process when your business is dealing with water damage from monsoon storms.
Here To Help
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is here to help your commercial space in Goodyear. We have worked with many large scale warehouses that have experienced emergency water damage situations.
Available 24/7 For Water Damage Emergencies
With monsoon season in full swing here in Arizona, we know that many rainstorms are well on their way. Many commercial spaces we have dealt with such as office buildings, warehouses and retail stores have had unexpected emergencies take place. For example, roof leaks were a common occurrence that took place during heavy rainstorms. This led to water pouring down into the building structure and affecting the ceiling, walls and floors. When these type of storm emergencies occur, call SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix at 623-537-9999.
Commercial Cleanup and Restoration
In need of cleanup and restoration in your commercial space? Give us a call and let us help you!
Commercial water loss in businesses can really put a damper on your daily productiveness. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix has responded to many water loss emergencies at large scale warehouses and office spaces, especially those that have occurred during late night or early morning hours. When it comes to water loss emergencies, we here at SERVPRO understand that every second counts. The longer you wait to handle the cleanup and restoration process, the more severe and widespread the water damage can get.
If your commercial property is dealing with an emergency water loss situation, give us a call at 623-537-9999. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix also provides ERP’s known as the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile which offers commercial spaces and businesses with a plan of action when an emergency arises. Contact us today to find out more.
Flooding and Mudslides During Monsoons
Believe it or not, mudslides can occur in the Valley due to homes being situated near mountains.
Monsoon Storms Are Coming
The triple digit temperatures have arrived and are here to stay for the next several months. With summer in full swing, Avondale and Goodyear have seen temperatures this past week rise up to a blazing 117 degrees. As Valley residents, we all know that means monsoon season is well on its way. These annual summer storms bring heavy rains that are notorious for causing flooding in lower elevated areas as well as in homes and properties near the many mountains that scatter across the city.
Flooding and Mudslides
Our crews have worked with homeowners who have had flooding and mudslides cause damage throughout their homes due to their property being close to a mountain. If your property is prone to flooding from runoffs of nearby mountains, SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is here and available to help you 24/7 with your storm damage emergency. Give us a call at 623-537-9999 and find out how we can help you.
Memorial Day Weekend Water Safety
Planning on being poolside or lakeside this Memorial Day weekend? Practice these water safety tips!
Memorial Day weekend is upon us! After a year of lockdowns, curfews, school closures, and social distancing due to the covid-19 pandemic, we are now able to catch up and socialize with friends and family. We are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now that vaccines are available to the public and cases have been on the decline. Memorial Day weekend signifies the start of summer and what better way to kick it off then heading outdoors and enjoying some much needed time with your loved ones?
Whether you’ll be hanging out poolside or visiting one of our many nearby lakes, SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix has provided a list of some water safety tips.
- Make sure you have a pool fence to prevent babies and toddlers from going in.
- Always supervise children while they are out in the water. Never leave them unattended, especially those that cannot swim.
- Provide life jackets to those who aren’t able to swim and make sure they wear it properly.
- Do not swim alone, especially in lakes or rivers.
- Never jump on or push others when in the water.
- Be careful of currents, especially in lakes and rivers.
- Do not drink alcohol if you are operating a boat.
- It’s helpful to learn CPR and know of rescue techniques.
SERVPRO Tip Tuesday - May 25
Stay tuned for next week's SERVPRO Tip Tuesday!
Make Sure You Follow Us On Social Media!
Be on the lookout for our SERVPRO Tip Tuesday's on our SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix’s Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn pages! Each week we will be sharing some helpful tips and tricks for both homes and commercial properties so be sure to Like and Follow our pages!
May 25, 2021
Smoking is still the leading cause of home fire deaths. Most of the fires start on balconies and porches. It’s easy for someone who is smoking to relax and fall asleep causing them to drop a lit cigarette to the floor and having the carpet catch on fire. If you do smoke, always make sure you are outside and that you are alert and aware. Make sure that you never leave a lit cigarette unattended and fully put out the lit cigarette when finished with it.
Smoke Alarms Save Lives
Make sure all the smoke alarms in your home or business are working properly.
Fires Can Spread Quickly
A fire can spread in an instant and can be life threatening to a building’s occupants. This is why smoke alarms are crucial to homes and businesses to ensure that all occupants can evacuate safely and quickly as possible.
According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), “Almost three of every five home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms (41%) or no working smoke alarms (16%). This fact alone shows the significance of having a working smoke alarm. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix has provided you with some smoke alarm tips because smoke alarms save lives.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home and outside of all the sleeping areas. It’s also recommended to install alarms in all bedrooms.
- Make sure all smoke alarms are connected so that if one smoke alarm goes off, all the smoke alarms will sound off.
- Test your smoke alarm monthly to make sure that they are working properly by pressing the test button.
- If your smoke alarm sounds off, make sure everyone evacuates and waits outside.
- Replace your smoke alarm every 10 years.
Road Safety During A Haboob
Know what to do if you find yourself in a haboob or dust storm while driving.
You’ve seen the images and videos on Phoenix news stations and social media of large walls of dust moving across the Valley, you’ve seen the aftermath of dusty vehicles, downed trees from high winds, you may have even had to pull over while driving or run inside to avoid getting sandblasted. These large-scale dust storms, otherwise known as haboobs, go hand in hand with monsoon season.
Arizona’s monsoon season typically occurs from June to September when temperatures are at its highest. When thunderstorms are happening, they send down microbursts which spread out and create dust storms or haboobs. It’s important to know what to do in case you find yourself trapped in a haboob while you are out driving.
- Slow down and safely pull off the road or into a nearby parking lot if possible.
- Turn off your headlights. Some people think they should put on their hazard lights but it is advised NOT to do so. The reason is because when there’s a dust storm or haboob, visibility is extremely low. If you are pulled over and have your lights on, you don’t want to confuse a car that is behind you and cause them to potentially run into you.
- Take your foot off the brake pedal and put the vehicle in park. Remain in your vehicle until the storm passes.
What To Do With A Toilet Overflow
Handle toilet overflows right away to avoid the spread of potential contaminated water throughout your home.
Toilet overflows can turn into a real health hazard to your Avondale home. Contaminated water can spread hazardous germs and bacteria that if not treated and cleaned properly, can cause health effects to its occupants. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix put together these simple steps for what you need to do when you encounter a toilet overflow.
- Turn off the water by locating the shut off valve that is found behind the toilet.
- Inspect the color of the water to see if it is contaminated. If the water is gray or black, this indicates that the water is contaminated. Carefully soak up the water that is pooling on the floor and be sure to wear gloves when doing so.
- Use a plunger to try and remove the clog in the toilet. If that doesn’t help, call a plumber to take care of the issue.
- Once the plumber leaves, give SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix a call to handle the cleanup, especially if contaminated water is involved. We have the cleaning products needed to effectively cleanup sewage contaminated water. We will also assess the area to see where any moisture from the overflow has traveled, clean and remove any materials that are affected, and dry out the moisture. SERVPRO is here to get your home back on track and make it “Like it never even happened.”
Flooding Safety Tips
Do you have water damage in your home from a storm? Don't delay. Act right away and give us a call!
Storm season aka our beloved monsoon season is just a few months away! We can guarantee that this active storm time is every Avondale and Goodyear resident’s favorite. It gives our desert landscape some much needed moisture as well as giving us a nice break from the triple digit temperatures. But with monsoon season comes safety precautions pertaining especially to floods. Here are some tips to keep you safe when it comes to flooding that takes place in and out of your home.
- Never enter floodwaters as you don’t know what’s lurking in the water such as contaminated water or sharp objects. You also don’t want to get swept away in fast moving currents, if any.
- Pay attention to storm and flood warnings so you can act accordingly by avoiding being out on the roadways during an approaching storm.
- If you do find yourself on the roadways, avoid driving through floodwaters as your vehicle could potentially be swept away.
- If you do find yourself dealing with water damage in your home, do not ignore it. Give SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix a call to handle the water damage cleanup and dryout. The longer you wait, the more damage that could occur such as mold growth. We are available 24/7 for water damage emergencies occurring from floods so give us a call at 623-537-9999.