Make your Avondale Home Flood-Proof
Make your Home Flood-Proof
When the water starts rising, you want to be sure that your home is protected against flood damage. As we have learned from the recent flooding, no area is safe from the destruction caused by flooding. Flood and Avondale storm damage can range from the minimal to the extreme, but there are steps you can take to help avoid any damage at all.
One of the easiest things a homeowner can do to help flood-proof their home is to regularly clean out the gutters. Sure, gutters can be helpful during heavy rains, but not when they are clogged with leaves, dirt, and debris. Clogged gutters can cause a variety of issues for homeowners, including Avondale flood damage, landscape damage, erosion and even harm your home's foundation.
Flood Prevention Ideas
Besides cleaning out your gutters, there are a number of other precautions and upgrades that you can do to help prevent flood and Avondale storm damage to your home. Remember, an ounce of prevention can go a long way to protecting what's important to you.
• Look into investing in a sump pump. These machines help pump the water out of your basement.
• Move those precious family heirlooms and memories from the basement. Maybe the attic or an upstairs closet may be a safer spot for them.
• You can always install a flood detection device. When a flood hits and the water seeps into your basement, an alarm will go off telling you there is water present.
During the Flood
Once your home starts flooding, there are some things you can do to continue saving personal items and your family. It should be noted that entering a flooded basement can be dangerous.
• Before entering your flooded basement, be sure to turn off the main power supply if you can. This is usually located near your power breakers.
• It can be common for water supplies to become contaminated. Instead of risking illness, sterilize your bathtub and sinks so you can fill them with healthy, potable drinking water.
• If you still have important family mementos in the basement, try to move them to higher ground away from the oncoming water.
• If things get to be too much, be sure to call a professional. The experts at SERVPRO have years of experience in helping homeowners safely clean and protect their homes.
Locally Owned Company with National Storm Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is strategically located to respond quickly to your water or flood damage event. When a major storm or flood event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,650 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Storm Damage Avondale, AZ
- Goodyear Storm Damage, AZ
- Storm Damage Southwest Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix Storm Damage, AZ
Flood and storm damage require specialized equipment and restoration techniques. We can respond immediately to storm and flood conditions. (623) 537-9999