Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
SERVPRO Summer Lake Party
A weekend at the lake with our SERVPRO employees.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix and SERVPRO of Scottsdale employees show up to work each and every morning with a positive "can do" attitude, ready to tackle the jobs needed to get our customers back into their homes and businesses. Our employees work extremely hard, especially with being a 24/7 company, we are always ready to handle the cleanup and restoration of your property.
On July 13th, 2019, we celebrated our hardworking employees with our annual SERVPRO Summer Party at Canyon Lake Marina and Campground. Our SERVPRO employees enjoyed a weekend filled with fun, outdoor activities such as: cookouts, games, swimming, jet skis, camping and so much more.
We would like to say Thank You to our SERVPRO technicians and office staff for working hard each and every day and providing the best service to our customers.
Memorial Day Weekend Grilling Safety Tips
Practice these grilling safety tips this Memorial Day Weekend!
Memorial Day weekend is finally here! For many of us, that means heading outside and firing up the grills for an outdoor celebration which typically signals the start of the summer season. Here at SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix, we wanted to put together some grilling safety tips to make sure everything runs smooth during your Memorial Day weekend with zero fires and injuries.
- Avoid wearing any loose clothing while grilling
- If you’re using a propane grill, be sure to check the propane tank for leaks
- Grill outside away from your home or any other building structures
- Do not grill around any weeds, trees or dry brush
- Grill on a flat and stable surface to avoid the grill from tipping over
- Take extra precaution when using charcoal lighter fluid. Do not spray it elsewhere, only in the grill.
- Keep the grill clean to avoid grease buildup
- Do not leave your grill unattended
- Have baking soda readily available to put out any grease fires that may start and also a fire extinguisher. Do not use water to put out flames.
We hope you and yours has a safe and wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
May 2019 SERVPRO Lunch & Networking
Our Lunch & Networking event at Top Golf was a success! Thank you to all who attended.
A lot of meaningful connections can be made when it comes to networking. SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix takes tremendous pride when it comes to business community involvement. We love to make connections each and every day. From attending weekly networking groups, Chamber events, Ribbon Cuttings and Grand Openings, we see the importance of making meaningful networking connections to let people know about who you are and how you can help them. Sometimes it’s not about what you know but rather WHO you know.
Each year, SERVPRO of Scottsdale and SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix, holds our annual Lunch & Networking event at Top Golf in Scottsdale to allow individuals from different business backgrounds to meet one another and to see how they can help one another in a fun, casual environment. This event was well attended and included business professionals from insurance, real estate, home inspection, construction, landscaping, AC repair, and network security. It was a nice day for folks to step away from their desk, meet new people, enjoy free food and beverages, and hit a few golf balls.
This SERVPRO networking event was an excellent success and we thank all those who attended! We hope to see you next year!
When Dealing With Water Damage, Don't Delay. Give SERVPRO A Call Today.
Call SERVPRO for your water damage emergencies to prevent future mold growth.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is readily available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to help you when you are faced with a water damage emergency. This particular customer called us when they had a water leak from their kitchen sink which had been leaking for quite some time. They initially thought the issue had been fixed but it turns out, the leak was still occurring. They discovered water covering their kitchen floor so they gave SERVPRO a call. The customer also noticed a smell coming from their cabinet beneath the kitchen sink where mold growth was discovered. The moisture was still present from previous water leaks which had caused the mold to grow over time. When you have water damage that you’re dealing with, make sure to give us a call right away so we can take the proper steps to fully drying out and restoring your property to prevent mold growth. We can make it “Like it never even happened.”
National Employee Appreciation Day
March 1st is National Employee Appreciation Day!
March 1st is National Employee Appreciation Day! We would like to extend a special Thank You to all of our amazing, hardworking employees here at SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix. We owe all our success to our employees for the excellent work, contributions, and dedication that they exhibit when they show up to work each day.
Not only do our SERVPRO employees make an impact within our business, but they also make a huge impact and difference in the lives of customers that we help on a daily basis to help ease their stress and worries by being with them every step of the way to explain the process.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Season's Greetings & Happy Holidays!
We wish you a Merry Christmas!
Can you believe it? The year is quickly coming to an end here at SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix. Christmas is already just a few short days away and we hope all your holiday shopping is complete. From all of us here at SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix, we would like to wish all of our customers whom we’ve had the pleasure of helping in your time of need, a wonderful and joyous Christmas surrounded by friends and family. We owe all our success to you, our customers, as our goal is to get your life back to normal and to get your home back up and running.
SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix is locally owned and operated. We sincerely hope you won’t need our services, but because emergencies are completely unexpected, we are available 24/7 to help you in your time of need. If you’re faced with an unexpected water leak at 2 am on Christmas Day, go ahead and give us a call. You can guarantee that you’ll be speaking with one of our highly trained professionals. We’ll be there to help make this stressful situation “Like it never even happened.”
Once again, we wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas!
Holiday Safety Tips for Avondale, Goodyear and Southwest Phoenix Residents
When it comes to Christmas decorations, follow these tips to keep your family safe.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, isn’t it? Cooler temps mean the holiday season is in full swing! Temperatures here in Avondale, Goodyear and Southwest Phoenix have finally cooled down to where we actually get to make use of our car heater in the mornings! But we’re not complaining, these cooler temperatures are always a nice welcome after the 115 degree summer temperatures we face.
With Christmas just around the corner, SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix wants you to be safe. We’ve put together a list of Holiday Safety Tips as it’s important to be reminded of general safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe when it comes to decorations this season.
- Inspect electrical decorations such as Christmas lights, lighted garland and Christmas displays. Make sure the sockets aren’t cracked or damaged. Also check for exposed wires and loose connections as you want to prevent shocks and a fire from occurring.
- Protect electrical cords from damage such as being squashed by furniture or against walls. Do not have them running underneath rugs or hang them using staples.
- Don’t overload the electrical sockets. This is a common cause for holiday fires. Plug only one high-wattage appliance into each outlet at a time.
- Avoid connecting more than three string lights as this can blow a fuse.
- Do not connect extension cords together. Take time to find the correct length to avoid them getting tangled or stretched.
- Keep decorations such as garland, tinsel, crepe paper and anything other decorations that are flammable away from heat sources such as a fireplace, candles, and space heaters. Be sure to keep them at least 3 feet away.
- If you have a fresh Christmas tree, don’t forget to water it daily. A dry tree can quickly erupt in flames.
- Keep an eye on candles that are lit. Never leave lit candles unattended. Instead, try opting for battery opted candles.
- When hanging lights outside, do not use nails or staples as they can cause damage to the wires. Use hooks or hangers which are recommended for outdoor usage.
- Always remember to unplug the lights when you are away from home or asleep.
For more information on fire damage and restoration services, contact SERVPRO of Avondale/Goodyear/Southwest Phoenix at (623) 537-9999 or check us out at www.SERVPROavondalegoodyearsouthwestphoenix.com. We are available 24/7 and are always here to help.